Year One Meadowside

Nurturing curiosity, courage and kindness

Learning for Wednesday 1st April

on March 31, 2020

Good morning!

Here is your learning for today:

Early Bird Phonics:

Sentence Writing

Maths:

Today you will be adding numbers together using a number line. (Just focus on addition, subtraction is tomorrow!)

Here is my example:

There are two options:

Option 1 – If you have a printer, print out this worksheet: (Numbers to 30 is a challenge!)

T-N-3016-Addition-to-20-with-a-Number-Line-Activity-Sheet_ver_2

T-N-3020-Addition-to-30-with-a-Number-Line-Activity-Sheet

Here are some number lines to print out if you’d like.

Numberline to 30 t-n-2440-numbers-0-to-20-number-line-_ver_1

Option 2 – If you don’t have a printer, make your own number line. You could put it in a plastic wallet and write on it with a whiteboard pen if you have one.

Phonics:

• Recap Phase 3 and 5 sounds.
  • Tricky word trucks on Phonics Play.
  • Complete one of your Phonics mats in your pack.

Here is one of the Phonics mats just in case:

t-l-526449-phonics-activity-mat-1-resource-pack-english-english_ver_1

English:
Thank you for sending me your amazing stories!

Today you will be correcting my sentences – I think I have made some silly mistakes! Write them out correctly in your books. Remember to check capital letters and punctuation.

Here is our poster from our English working wall to help you:

Miss Jenkins’ silly sentences:

My silly sentences PDF

Here are the other activities I suggested yesterday if you wanted to do them in an afternoon!

• In our Big Idea, we learned all about the world. We could name and locate the seven continents and also the four countries and capital cities of the UK. This week in school we would have been making weather forecast presentations.

Can you:

• Watch a weather forecast.
  • Draw or print a map of the UK. Can you label it?
  • Pretend you are a weather forecaster and do a presentation using your map! Use all of your knowledge of countries and capital cities. You could even make weather symbols to stick on.
  • Please record these and either post on Facebook, message or email me them! I would love to see 🙂

• We also learned about UK landmarks. Choose one and make it! You could use lego, junk modelling, sketching, painting, string art, bake it, use natural materials from your garden, draw it in the style of a particular artist – the more creative the better! Please post or send me your finished product!
  • Complete an activity in your Busy Book – can you complete all of these by the end of the Easter holidays?
  • Make a time capsule to remember what could be one of the biggest moments in our lifetime. You could write a letter about what is happening, write diary entries, write about what it is like learning at home, print or use a cutting of a newspaper (only if you have one), a drawing and some photos of the things you have been doing. You could include anything you like!
  • Joe Wicks workout every day at 9am.
  • Please remember to read each day. If you have a limited selection of books, please create an account on Oxford Owl. They have lots of amazing books that your child can read independently. (It also means you all get twenty minutes of quiet time..!)